Depression acupressure is very useful for this serious illness, there is about 10% people suffering such illness. People from any age, include children to old people can be affected by this disease. But many people don’t realise they are suffering depression. A lot times we don’t necessarily realize that we are suffering from depression, below are some depression symptoms that you may pay attention to:
1. Having sleeping problems, sleepless or sleep too much.
2. Having feelings of helplessness, hopelessness and nothing will get better.
3. Significant weight loss or weight gain, eating too much or too little.
4. Having trouble concentrating, making decisions, or remembering things.
5. Loss of interest in daily activities, even the ones you found very interesting and easy to accomplish before.
6. Being irritable and bad-tempered than usual.
7. Feeling lack of energy, fatigue, sluggish, heavy all the time.
8. More physical pains, such as headaches, back pain, stomach pain etc.
9. Strong feeling of self-criticizing, having thoughts that life is not worth living (this one is serious, seek help immediately!)
10. Experience of lowered sexuality.
Besides looking for professional helps from doctor, there are two acupressure points for anxiety and depression, you can relieve and cure depression yourself, they are Neiguan points (PC 6) and Tai chong points (LR 3).
Neiguan locates on the center lines of the arms on the inner sides, 3 cun from the wrist lines. They belong to the pericardium meridian.
pericardium meridian is responsible for heart health, mentality normalization and psychological wellbeing.
Tai chong belongs to the liver meridians. Liver meridians are responsible for liver health, alleviating irritability, clearing mind and stabilizing emotions.
Pressing and massaging these two points on both sides for 5 to 10 minutes everyday and whenever feeling down will lift your spirit and recharge your body and mind with energy over the time. If you can massage Tai chong points after a hot water foot bath before going to bed in the night, the result will be greater.
In additional, there is an acupuncture point called Tanzhong (CV 17), it is a very important point for enhancing mood. Tanzhong point belongs to the conception vessel and is the midpoint between the centers of the breasts. It collects chest energy and provides energy for the heart. It has close relationship with our emotions. Whenever you feel sad, upset or angry, massage this point, it will calm you down and give you peaceful feelings.
Massage Tanzhong point 100 times each time or rub this point downwardly. 2 to 3 minutes daily is an easy way. There are many other benefits : easing asthma, fast heart beats ,improving breast health, , cough, congested chest etc.
Finally, having a positive attitude towards life is always the key to stay away from depression. Be more tolerant and forgiving, listen to peaceful and joyful music, talk to cheerful friends, participate meaningful activities and let go of things that you can’t control.